Friday 16 May 2014

Empty Products


Empties

In good old fashion Mirror, Mirror style I would like to start this post off on a completely unrelated manner. First of all, welcome! Welcome to the new Mirror, Mirror! I hope you like the new layout and design. I've tried to make it way more user friendly and pretty. If you notice anything doesn't work or even have a suggestion please feel free to comment below, tweet me, or email me


Revlon Lash Potion

Like any sane person would, I've been saving up my empty containers and products for the past month or so. I don't use the same products everyday so it takes me a while to use a product till its completely gone. I decided to split up the products into makeup and skincare.

Makeup:
Maybelline Master Duo Eyeliner: I liked this product because the applicator is two sided. It is sort of like a flat spoon, with the wide edge you can get a nice thick line, and when you turn it to the side, you get a super precise line. I found this eyeliner flaked off pretty easily. I have a tendency of itching the side of my eye and so this product wasn't really the best for me. My Milani EyeTech is much better and cheaper!

Revlon Lash Potion: I absolutely adore this mascara. It's my favourite drugstore mascara at the moment. It will probably take you a few times to get used to the brush as it has 4 edges instead of being round. It stays put and holds a curl. I have already repurchased!

Revlon Photoready Airbrush Foundation: One of the few drugstore foundations that actually decently fit my skin tone. The mousse texture is a bit odd, and I found it best to use a stippling brush to apply. The only negatives about this foundation is that it wore off fairly easily even with my favourite primers, and whenever I touched my face I rubbed it off. Whoops! 



L'Oreal Micellar

Skin Care:
L'Oreal Sublime Soft Gentle Micellar Solution: Micellar water is all the rage don't ya know? That is, if water can be rage-full? I've been yearning for the Bioderma Micellar water, but in Canada it sells for $29! TWENTY NINE DOLLHAIRS! FOR WATER! I mean, I'm crazy don't get me wrong, but not that crazy.... And we've gotten off topic again, well sorta. Since I don't have anything to compare this product to, I don't think I can do a proper review. But for $9 it's a pretty good makeup remover and super gentle, does not sting your eyes at all.

Neutrogena Rapid Clear Spot Treatment: This is definitely not a product I've seen reviewed a lot, but it is worth a mention. I bought this during a month when I was having really bad breakouts. And then I used it just on spots and while the whole 4hr thing is complete bogus, it did work as an overnight treatment. Beware though, it may dry out your skin a bit.

No7 Beautiful Skin Dry Skin Rescue: I. Love. This. Stuff. Does that qualify for a review? I have nothing but good things to say about this product. It feels a little plasticy when you apply it, but it soaks in super quickly and really gets rid of all your dry spots. This winter was brutal in Canada, I've always had somewhat dry skin, but this year I broke out in like, a red patchy rash under my nose. This, mixed with some Florida sun, cured it in about a week!

xoxo
-A

4 comments:

  1. I've seen that mascara a lot and never known whether to pick it up but it sounds really good! :)

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's definitely worth a try! It's nice because it can be used with just one coat, or you can layer for a nice thick and long look! Thanks for stopping by love!

      xoxo
      -A

      Delete
  2. I want to try Bioderma also!!! Unfortunately here in the US, brands haven't started making micellar cleansers. I just ordered some online, and am anxious to try them out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really? Well please do a review once you've tried them out! I'd love to know more about the different options!

      xoxo
      -A

      Delete