Monday 5 May 2014

Liebster Award


liebster award


Well hello there beautiful people. I have been nominated for the Liebster Award! Which if you don't know by now, is a little tag that aims to bring some recognition to new blogs and blogs with under 200 followers. One of my very beautiful and sweet fellow bloggers Alphabeth nominated me and I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to answer these great questions. But before I forget, please go and take a look at her lovely blog, because she was one of my first followers and her blog is seriously adorable.


1. If you could live any place in the world where would it be and why?



Nashville. I recently went on a road trip to Florida with my friends and we stopped in Nashville for a few hours and I just fell in love. The people, the history, the buildings. I mean it has to be the sweetest town, and the old homes are so beautiful. Plus, I am a huge fan of country music so to live where it all started would be more than a dream come true for me.

2. What is your favourite childhood memory?

I used to live on an apple tree farm and every day my Nono would come over and work. Every lunch I would bring him some water and we would sit and share the lunch that my Nonna had made us. Still makes me smile to this day.

3. If you could be stuck in a lift with one famous person, living or dead, who would you choose?

Mindy Kaling
(Picture from: Aerogram)

I love this question because it is so hard for me to answer. Of course I would like to say some amazingly good looking actor but that's too easy. I think I would have to go with Mindy Kaling. She is my Queen. I love her. I love her show, her book, her everything. I think she is such a great role model and comedian and I would love to have a conversation with her. 

4. If you could be any animal what would you be?

An elephant! I love elephants and I think it's so cute that they fall in love and stay with one another. And they are such peaceful and kind animals, I think it would be nice to be an elephant!

5. Do you have any strange talents?

Not really, I am particularly good at avoiding conflict and diffusing any sort of tense situation. 

6. Why did you start your blog?

I started my blog because I love makeup and fashion and I believe it should be used as a way of self expression and art. I don't think makeup should be used to cover up beauty, but bring out natural beauty and express how we feel about ourselves. I also love talking to fellow bloggers and makeup addicts because they are all so loving and welcoming!

7. What did you want to be when you were younger?

I have always wanted to be a teacher. From when I was a little girl to when I applied to university. Next year I start Teachers College so I am really excited!

8. If you could travel in time would you rather travel into the past or into the future?
Roaring Twenties
(Picture from: The Dandy)

I would probably travel into the past. I love history, particularly the Roaring 20's. I love the fashion, theatrics, and way of life. My friend's often say that I was born in the wrong time period and I definitely agree!

9. What's your favourite type of sweet?

Hmm, I think this depends. But currently I would not pass up the opportunity to grab a cone of Birthday Cake ice cream! Yummm!

10. What's your favourite season of the year and why?

This is very dependent on my mood and what season it currently is. Right now I am so looking forward to the warm weather of summer. I miss hiking and camping and fishing. And laying out in the sun. Ahhh yes. But Christmas is my favourite holiday and I spend a good 2 months preparing for it, so I do enjoy winter as well.

11. What's the strangest thing you've ever eaten?

Aligator tail! I tried it 2 years ago in Florida and it was a little rubbery, but pretty good!!

The questions I would like to ask my nominees are:
  1. What is your favourite TV show?
  2. If you had the opportunity to start your own business right now, what would it be?
  3. How would you describe your style/ fashion sense? 
  4. What is your favourite type of flower?
  5. How would your friends and family describe you in 4 words?
  6. What is your signature makeup look?
  7. If you could meet any designer or makeup artist, dead or alive, who would it be?
  8. What is your favourite place or dream destination to travel to?
  9. If you could only listen to one song for the rest of your life, which would it be?
  10. Describe your ideal morning?
  11. What advice would you give to other new bloggers?
I nominate:


xoxo
-A

4 comments:

  1. Aw yay! I'm so glad you did the tag! I loved reading your answers, they're so interesting and I agree with so many! It's my absolute dream to go to Tennessee and yes, the 20s would be absolutely amazing to be able to visit. Your childhood memory sounds so sweet as well. Hope you're well, love! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you (again) for tagging me! Tennesee is a dream. I highly recommend you visit it someday :) Thanks so much for the kind words!

      xoxo
      -A

      Delete
  2. The liebster award is so much fun. I really like your blog! Your writing style is so fun and I think you have very interesting things to say. I just like the overall vibe of your blog!

    Hugs,
    Alexandra

    BTW! I LOVE elephants too :) http://mysweetestdisposition.blogspot.dk/2014/04/elegant-elephant.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are the second person today to compliment my writing style and honestly, it is the best compliment I could ever receive. I have always been a writer, even when I was a child (I filled up countless diaries and journals). So truly, from the bottom of my heart, thank you! You have a wonderful blog as well, and the elephant post is adorable and so true! Also, were practically name sisters, so I feel like were basically family.

      xoxo
      -A

      Delete