Wednesday 20 August 2014

Baking with an Update!

So this is going to be one of those all over posts. A bit of an update, and a bit of baking. So first for the update! I finally got my phone back so I can start to take pictures for my blog again, but I've been really busy. As I'm sure you all know school is starting back up soon and I've just been doing a lot of administrative stuff the past few days as teacher's college requires things such as background checks, orientation etc... Also my little guinea pig Penny is sick :( She had pneumonia during the winter and the vet didn't know if she would even live, but she's a fighter and pulled through! But now her breathing is a bit laboured so she has to go back to the vet to make sure she's ok and possibly get her back on some medication. Prayers and good thoughts are appreciated!

Now onto the baking! If any of you are as obsessed as I am with YouTube then you probably know who Tanya Burr is! Well this week she posted a cookie recipe and I decided to give it a try!! I know this isn't technically original content but I wanted to show you my interpretation of the recipe and give you a written copy of the ingredients and directions as it was somewhat tedious to have to keep pausing and loading the video!

You will need:
200g butter
300g caster sugar* 
1 egg** 
325g self raising flour
dash of milk***
200g white chocolate
200g milk chocolate


Chocolate Chip cookies

*Caster sugar is just a really fine sugar often used in the UK but here in the Americas you can use regular sugar and just grind it up it it's not fine enough.
**Whenever using eggs to bake, make sure they are room temperature as it helps to make the texture of whatever your baking finer (but if you forget it's not a really big deal).
***After pulling your batter together if you find it's a bit dry and crumbly then just a dash of milk and that should bring it all together.

Chocolate Chip Cookies


Directions:
1.Preheat oven to 200degrees Celsius or 390degrees Fahrenheit

2. Mix sugar and butter together with handheld electric blender.

3. Add egg and blend together.

4. Mix in flour a bit at a time. If you put the entire amount in all at once flour will fly and you won't be able to properly mix it together. 

5. Once your batter is all ready its time to add the chocolate! I used Cadbury dairy milk bars as the large chunks of chocolate are way better than chips. But I've never seen white chocolate in bars available in Canada unless it's Christmas or a speciality store so I had to settle for white chocolate chips. Make sure when you mix in the chocolate you bring the batter from the bottom up that way there is tons of chocolate in every cookie!

Tanya Burr Cookies6. Ball up a handful of dough and place them on a cookie sheet and pop them in the oven. Make sure you set your timer for 10 minutes, 12 maximum. Even if they don't look 100% cooked they will continue cooking after as you need to wait 20 minutes before eating them. 


These cookies are so delicious and so easy to make, definitely one of my favourite recipes! Click here to watch Tanya Burr's video of the cookies!

xoxo
-A

2 comments:

  1. I saw the cookie video too but I don't have an electric whisk which I think would just make them a pain to bake. Aw hope your guinea pig gets better soon! x

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes it definitely is hard to mix everything together without an electric whisk :( I just got my KitchenAid one for Christmas and it's amazing! Penny has pneumonia again so she's back on meds, but her temp and heart rate are still really good so were hoping for a full recovery! Thanks for the kind words<3
      xx

      Delete