Saturday 19 April 2014

40 Beauty Questions: Skincare, Makeup, Brands, Oh My!

So, I have a huge list of posts to take pictures for and write up. But it's Easter weekend and I am spending some time with my family so obviously that takes precedence. But I did manage to get some retail therapy in today (I know, not really the reason for the season) with my Grandma so a huge haul will be coming. As well as a swatch/review/mini-tutorial for The Balm's Nude' Tude. And possibly a what's in my travel makeup bag. And a little Lip Care tutorial. Those are just a few of the post's coming within this week. 

But, I am so amazed at the support I've had in just a week of blogging, that I wanted to get up a little something-something. I thought this would help you to get to know to me better, and me get to know you! I would love if you would reply with your responses (honestly, I love reading these types of things) or if you do this Beauty Tag on your blog/ YouTube than let me know in the comments! I love you all, and let's get this ball rolling.... 

The Questions:

SKINCARE

How many times do you wash your face daily?
Twice, morning and night. Unless I'm being crazy and trying a bunch of different make-up looks.

What skin type do you have? (dry,oily,combo)
Combo- Normal/Dry

What is your current facial wash?
First Aid Beauty Deep Cleanser with Red Clay and Clarins Daily Energizer Cleansing Gel

Do you exfoliate?
Of course! I find if I use a gentle exfoliator 2-3 times per week my dry skin isn't as noticeable.

What brand do you use?
The exfoliator is just a St. Ives one, other products mentioned above.

What moisturizer do you use?
Currently using a First Aid serum, and No7 Beautiful Skin cream, but looking for a new one! Any suggestions???

Do you have freckles?
Yes, but they're more noticeable in the summer when I get a bit of a tan.

Do you use eye cream?
I've been meaning to try the Bobbi Brown cream, but haven't gotten around to spending the money yet.

Do you or did you have acne prone skin?
Not really, I get the odd patch small pimples, but they're pretty manageable.

Did you ever have to use Pro-activ?
Nope.

MAKE-UP



What foundation do you use?
Currently the Clinique Tinted Moisturizer, its light, has SPF, and is totally build able.

How about concealer?
Hard Candy Glamoflage. But I'm longing to try the NARS creamy concealer, but none of my local Sephora's carry my shade (Chantilly).

Do you know your undertone colour?
Yes, pink/peachy. Which sucks because it's hard to find such pale shades with a pink undertone, they all seem to be yellow.

What do you think of fake eyelashes?
Love them on other people. Can't seem to use them properly/ get used to them on myself. One day maybe.

Did you know that you are suppose to change your mascara every 3 months?
Yes. Another secret tip I learned in Cosmetology, don't pump your mascara in and out constantly, it just adds air/ germs into the mixture and can make it dry out faster.

What brand of mascara do you use?
Currently using, and loving Tarte's Lights, Camera, Flashes. But all Tarte mascara's are amazeballs.

Sephora or MAC?
Sephora!! But I enjoy MAC as well!

Do you have a MAC Pro-card?
Nope.

What makeup tools do you use in make up application?
Brushes? My hands? Beauty blender, couldn't live without that. But I have the Real Techniques version, which is just as good, and WAY cheaper.

Do you use make-up base/primer for the eyes?
Yes, yes, yes. I forgot my NARS Pro-prime at home this weekend and my heart sank.

For the face?
Yes, I am all about the primers. Currently loving the Clinique Super Primer for redness.

What is your favorite eyeshadow?
So hard! But my heart is still taken by the Naked 3. I also love NYC shadows, if you're on a budget it's amazing. I wore a few shades today and like I mentioned, didn't have my NARS primer, and it stayed all day! I was floored!!!

Do you use pencil or liquid eyeliner?
Cat eye- liquid liner. Tight line- pencil.

How often do you poke your eyes with an eyeliner pencil?
Every. Day.

What do you think of pigment eyeshadows?
Look super pretty, but I haven't used any in a long while.

Do you use mineral makeup?
I do not.

What is your favorite lipstick?
Well, that depends. If were talking about bang for your buck, I love all Rimmel lipsticks. But, my all time favourites are my Elizabeth Arden Red Door Red and Neoclassical Coral, and my Chanel.

How about lipgloss?
Love, love, love my girl Tanya Burr's new lipgloss range!! I ordered two shades and I use them almost every day. They are creamy, not sticky, super pigmented, and have amazing staying power.

What is your favorite blush to use?
Still looking for my HG, but I dig Milani's luminoso. It's what I reach for most.

Do you buy your makeup on ebay?
No, way too scared it'd be cheap or fake.

Do you like drugstore makeup?
Of course!

Do you go to CCO's?
No, not really.

Did you ever consider taking make-up classes?
Yes, some days I think of it, but I think it's more of a self-taught hobby.

Are you clumsy in putting on makeup?
No I'm pretty good, the odd slip up but normally that's tiredness.

Name a makeup crime that you hate?
Well, I hate makeup "rules", I think makeup is a way to express yourself and if you feel good and confident than good for you! But when I see lip liner and no lipstick, or a mis-match it makes me cringe a but.

Do you like colorful shades of makeup or neutral ones?
Depends on the day and my mood!

Which celebrity always has great make up?
Taylor Swift, girl can pull of a red lip like nobody's business. 



If you could leave the house using just one make up item,what would you use?
Mascara. I have super blonde, invisible lashes, so without mascara I look naked.

Could you ever leave the house without any makeup on?
Of course!

Do you think you look good even without any makeup on?
I think everyone is beautiful without makeup. It's what's inside that counts.

In your opinion, what is the best makeup line?
No particular one really, I love items from all different kinds.

What do you think of Makeup?
I could probably write an essay on this. But really, I love makeup. I think of it as an art form, a way of expression. I think makeup should be used to enhance natural beauty, not cover up or become unnoticeable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment