Monday 14 April 2014

Thank God for Harper Beckham

Yup, you read that right. Thank goodness for that cute little girl, and her amazingly stylish Mommy. But where is this really going? Well let me tell you... Buns. Buns, buns, buns. Or more fashionably known as top knots. I have ridiculously curly and thick hair and it is so hard to find hair styles that are actually attainable for me. Cute waves? Nope not going to happen. Side buns? HAH good luck. If the first step to the hair style is "brush it" you can pretty much guarantee that it's not going to happen. It takes my hairdresser an hour and a half to straighten my hair on a good day. Now I'm not going to lie, this isn't my go-to look because it is "super trendy", its my go-to look because it's easy. 


Harper Beckham

Now, my top knot doesn't look nearly as cute as this. And it isn't nearly as small as this. But I have gotten quite a few comments that sound something like "how do you get so much hair into such a small bun????". Well let me tell you my secret... It's an optical illusion. 

Harper Beckham

Yup, you read that right. My hair is magical. But really, I promise, if you have super thick, unruly hair, it is possible to pull off the top knot. I don't know what kind of crazy science is behind it, but the majority of my hair stays tucked in close to the scalp, and just the outside hair goes into the knot. Yeah I'm obviously not the best at explaining hair terms but you get the picture. Maybe? Maybe not.

Harper Beckham

I love that this look can be dressy and super casual. It's easy to look cute without really trying. And we would much rather spend that extra time on our makeup or sleeping right?? I usually just gather all my hair at the top of my head, then twist it a bit, and wrap it up into a little knot. And then voila! You have the top knot!! 

(Please don't mind the super awkward pose, apparently I have no pictures of me wearing a top knot so this was the best I could pull off at the moment)

xoxo
-A


Bloglovin | Instagram

2 comments:

  1. Haha! I love this post! and I completely feel your pain! every hairdresser I've ever been to comments 'you have the thickest hair I've ever seen!' xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I appreciate it :) And I know right?! My hairdresser like show's me off to other clients, I'm like a freak in a circus!
      xoxo
      -A

      Delete