Tuesday 22 April 2014

My Lip Care Routine!

So, before you continue to read this post I have a few preliminary notes to go over. First and foremost, these pictures are horrid. I struggled even putting them up. They are such good quality that they are bad. The camera picked up the teeny tiny facial hairs and made it look I have a moustache. Also, it looks like I chew on my lips so bad that they are bloody. BUT I do not. All that aside, I really wanted to get this post up for you guys, regardless of the pictures. What's a few facial hairs amongst friends right? I swear if this was a serious problem I would wax but honestly they are so small and blonde and unnoticeable in real life.

Here it is, my 3 (well maybe 4, I am bad at math) step process to amazing and plumper looking lips. We are finally making our way into spring but if you're anything like me, you're still recovering from dry skin and cracked lips. This winter was worse than any other. Both my skin and my lips took the a turn for the absolute worst, so I scoured magazines and websites for tips to keep them looking good. Especially considering matte lips were very popular this winter. Matte and cracked lips... eeeek not a good combo ladies!!!

Step One: I find it's easiest to complete this process by doing it twice a day, after you brush your teeth. This will make sense once you continue reading. Step one entails using your toothbrush as an exfoliator. In circular motions exfoliate your lips, you can do this with toothpaste still in your mouth, or after you've rinsed. This helps to remove any dead skin, as well as get the blood flowing in your lips, making them seem plumper. If you're lips are really dry and you have bigger pieces of dead skin, use a damp cloth and your finger and rub in circular motions. Be gentle.

Lush Bubblegum Lip Scrub
Step Two: Use your favourite lip scrub to further exfoliate and condition your lips. I love Lush's Bubblegum scrub because it tastes delicious, it has jojoba oil to condition, and it works! You really only need a little bit, so it last's quite awhile! I first scrub it onto my lips with my ring finger first, then rub my lips together a few times. The best part? You can lick the rest off because it's all natural!!!


Lush Lip Scrub

Step Three: Moisturize! You can use whatever lip product you like. There are some really good drugstore options and some good high end ones. Lately I've been using Nivea's Vanilla and Macadamia Butter. I love using it at night because you wake up with super soft lips.
Nivea Vanilla and Macadamia Lip Butter


Nivea Lip Butter

Step Four: If you're going to bed you can obviously skip this step and dream of sweet nothings. But if you're going out for the day or night you can apply your lipstick or lipgloss! I love this routine because after 2/3 of consistently doing it, you totally notice a difference. Both in softness and plumpness. I swear I always hated how thin my lips were and longed for Tanya Burr lips. But after these steps you feel a tingly feeling, and you can see the difference. A great solution if you're a bit self conscious or looking for some luscious lips. Your boyfriend or girlfriend will surely thank you!

Apocalips

Please let me know if you try, or plan on trying these tips! Or let me know your lip care routine!!! I feel like this is a part of beauty that is often overlooked. 

I also want to take a second to thank all of my beautiful readers. I had no idea what I was getting into or what to expect when I created this blog. But the beauty community has been more than welcoming and I can't thank you enough. But I do want to add, I've noticed quite a few blogs/people follow me on bloglovin and if I follow back they unfollow. I've always had the rule that if you make the effort or decision to follow me I can certainly reciprocate. But after being taken advantage of numerous times on many different sites from bots and spams, and unkind people, I have to revoke that little rule. I will certainly check out your blog and if I like it I will follow, but please do not expect a follow for follow. 

xoxo
-A




2 comments:

  1. I love the bubblegum lip scrub! :)

    http://jenni-flower.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have nominated you for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. Check it out here:

    http://pumpkinemilysmiles.blogspot.com/2014/04/very-inspiring-blogger-award-2.html

    ReplyDelete