Wednesday 16 April 2014

Feelin' Suave

This week I received a sample of Suave's new Natural Infusion Awapuhi Anti-Breakage Shampoo and Conditioner, as well as their Strengthening Light Leave-In cream. I'd never heard anything about this new series of natural shampoo and to be honest the packaging kind of drew me in. I don't really need my shampoo to provide me with more volume or thickness, in fact, if there was an anti-thickness shampoo that slowly started to thin out my hair a bit, well then we'd be talking. But nevertheless I thought hey what's the worst that could happen.


Suave describes this particular part of their line as "enriched with special exotic natural ingredients such as Awapuhi ginger and honeysuckle and free from parabens and dyes, our Awapuhi Anti-Breakage shampoo and conditioner products gently cleanse and fortify hair to prevent breakage for a thicker, fuller look."

Suave Natural Infusion

Honestly, I was waaay too excited to try this stuff out and write a review for you guys. Like, its shampoo Alex, take it easy. I was so anxious to get that stuff on my head in the shower that I almost forgot to wet my hair. Yup, I opened up the little package, poured it into my hands and thought... hmm something is off in this situation. I was going to try the new Tip Tuesday from GlamLifeGuru on YouTube where you condition your hair before you shampoo. But then I thought to myself, don't want to skew these results now do we?? My 3rd year stats professor would be proud. I'm sure this is exactly what they had in mind when they taught us advanced data management. 

Suave Natural Infusion

Ladies (and possibly gentlemen). This. Stuff. Smells. Good. Like better than good. You know those Herbal Essence commercials where the girls are having a real good time, mhm like that. The shampoo and conditioner smelled like what I can only imagine Ryan Gosling smells like. I didn't get a whole lot of product in the little packages, but oddly enough I didn't need a lot. Because I have such thick hair I often find myself having to drown my hair in product in order get it clean or soft feeling.

I have to say I am so used to having to spend a fortune on my hair. I was always so envious of people who could spend $10 on their hair products. For the past few years I've been spending upwards of $30-$40 on my shampoo & conditioner alone. But good news, I think that may have changed for me! After putting the leave-in conditioner in, my hair was so soft, and no frizz at all. It also smelled like Fruit Loops, which I'm sure is what Suave was going for with that.

Suave Natural Infusion

Here are some of the other Natural Infusion options that they offer. I am really interested in the Macadamia Oil one, and I think I will be purchasing it within the next few days. They are priced from $2.89 (for the shampoo & conditioner) to $5.99 (for the Macadamia Oil) which is a total steal in my opinion!! Definitely worth a good old fashion trip to the drugstore or local Target if ya ask me! 



My hair, styled (which means I put in mousse and blow dried it). Doesn't get much better than that when its au natural! 

xoxo
-A

**Disclaimer** 
Suave did send me this sample for free, however all opinions and views are my own. Come on, you can't make this shit up.







3 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to try Suave. My hair is so picky it only likes certain products lol. I'll definitely give it a try my hair needs some TLC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those flowers in your pictures are so pretty :)



    http://rachelcoco.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm not even sure what kind they are (other than fake haha)! They're just like big pom poms that I bought for a few dollars!

      xoxo
      -A

      Delete