Friday 20 June 2014

Lip Of The Month | NYX Power

NYX PowerNYX Power
Oh my lanta, this post has been a long time coming. Well actually, not so much the post, but this colour. Not that the colour hasn't existed, but I just haven't been able to find it. I've been on the hunt for the perfect opaque pastel lavender lipstick. I saw this NYX black label lipstick in a YouTube video a few months back and just fell in love. I thought it may be a bit different and "out there" for some people, but considering my 90 year old Grandma gave it the thumbs up, I feel safe to say that this is a colour everyone should own. It's nice because you can wear it with a simple eye or, my go to lately, a light pink/purple using the Naked 3 palette. 

NYX Power

I have to say though, as much as I love the colour, surprisingly, the best thing about this product is the consistency and smoothness. Ladies, I cannot describe what this feels like. I want to go out and buy all of the colours in this range. It is smooth and creamy but not cake-y or sticky. And it definitely has decent lasting power! I purchased this from Ulta for like $3.00!!!! I mean, COME ON! If that isn't the deal of the summer I don't know what it is. 

What lip products have you been loving this summer? Would you wear a colour like this???

xoxo
-A


6 comments:

  1. Bargain! I like darker colours like this for the evenings - have been wearing a lot of bright matte balms now for the summer :) x

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am just starting to allow myself to start wearing more bright colours. I think I was stuck in that darker/ neutral state of mind from winter but it's time to liven things up a bit!
      xoxo

      Delete
  2. I love this mauvy pink lip colour. On my lips its a shade darker than my natural lip colour and it flatters any makeup look i do. this can be a great dupe for the Bite Luminous Creme lipstick in Shiraz.

    Ellie xo.
    http://www.ellieferrer.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can I just say that I bought the double sided Bite Luminous Creme lipstick from Sephora, used it twice and one end COMPLETELY broke off!!!! I was so mad! It wasn't even twisted that far out of the tube :(

      xoxo

      Delete
  3. GAAAH! I must have one now!! I have never tried any NYX lip products. What a horrid beauty blogger I am! I am on a spending ban this month, but have added your selection to my list, along with their butter glosses! I love the color you picked!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really must try out a few different lip products from NYX! I admit this was my first NYX purchase as well, but it definitely won't be my last! I bought 1 other lipstick from this range (a reddish-orange) and then a really pretty coral from their butter lipsticks, however that one has less "creaminess" and colour payoff than their normal line... hmm!

      xoxo

      Delete