Sunday 22 June 2014

Trends | Summer Skirts

Skater Skirts

As previously mentioned in my June Non-Beauty Favourites post, I am loving skater skirts this summer. Since most of them are patterned it is super easy to just throw on a plain crop top and walk out the door looking cute and put together. I have noticed that I am not the only one who has been loving this trend, it's everywhere you look; the streets, magazines, beauty blogs, youtube videos. I think that what makes the skater skirt so popular is the way it fits. I truly believe it looks good on any body size, if you are skinny and have little curves, it can add some definition to your waist and create the illusion of hips. Or if you are curvy like me, it works because it hugs the tiniest part (your waist) and flows out to hide any parts you may feel a bit self-conscious about! Here are some of my favourite skater skirts on the market!




(Left to Right)

  1. Swoop & Spin Skirt (Tobi)
  2. Scalloped Mesh Embroidered Skirt (Forever 21)
  3. Pleated Rose Print Skirt (Forever 21)
  4. Layered Skater Skirt (Forever 21)
Skorts

Now I remember back in my first year of university, one of my professors always used to say "there is nothing new under the sun" and that history often repeats itself in many different forms. Well that is most certainly the truth here! I remember being in elementary school and wearing skorts all the time. They were "all the rage" amongst the cool kids, and while my mother may not have understood the constant begging for a clothing item, she eventually relented. Now a days the skort is much more appealing and fashion forward. I think the longer skort would be perfect for a business meeting, while the shorter ones are perfect for any summer gathering as they are quite fancy looking!  I don't own any skorts anymore, but I may have to do a little browsing as some of these are completely gorgeous!

(From Left to Right)

xoxo
-A




4 comments:

  1. That blue skirt is just so pretty, Great post, I love your blog and the design is so pretty. have just followed on bloglovin, cant wait to read more

    Gaby x

    theglamdottylife.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right!? It just makes me want to dance on a beach or something haha! Thank you so much for the kind words, I truly appreciate them! You have an amazing blog as well!

      xoxo

      Delete
  2. I looove skater skirts they're so flattering and girly. My favourite is the pleated rose print.
    lifeisamilkshake.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that one so much! I actually have one pretty similar to it and I wear it all the time!!

      xoxo

      Delete